All authors who contributed to the research work should approve the final manuscript, so it is mandatory that all authors sign the copyright letter. Authors are free to post and distribute the links of their articles anywhere immediately upon publication.
Geoconservation Research is a member of, and subscribes to the principles of, the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) www.publicationethics.org and it (GCR) follows the COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) guidelines and will pursue cases of suspected research and publication misconduct (e.g. falsification, unethical experimentation, plagiarism, inappropriate image manipulation, redundant publication). For further information about COPE, please see the website for COPE at https://publicationethics.org/.
Geoconservation Research follows CC BY attribution. This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation.
Reported unethical issues including plagiarism of any kind, double submissions, copyright infringements, conflicts of interest, false, manipulated and fabricated data, statistical analysis, and false figures will be investigated by the editors and publisher using the plagiarism checker engines .
Necessary actions against cases proven to be misconduct will be taken by editors, even if these relate to previously published manuscripts which might later be retracted or revised. Decisions are made by the editors and depend on circumstances.
If an article has to be retracted, the publisher is obliged to inform all indexing and abstracting databases that include the journal's contents.
Ethical Criteria of Geoconservation Research (GCR)
- All authors of every manuscript must contribute to composing the manuscript or research.
- Authors may not add or omit any co-authors to the manuscript after submission, during peer reviewing manuscripts and after acceptance or publication.
- Reported research and results must be clear and honest. We will not tolerate any misconduct, fabrication, falsification, data manipulation wrong statistical analysis.
- Authors may contact the editors via email and via our website ‘contact section’ if they face any issues
- Article submission in this journal means that authors are obliged not to submit this paper in other sources or they have strongly confirmed that this article is not under consideration of other sources at the same time.
- Although GCR journal checks the originality and accuracy of the manuscript including plagiarism, with submitting a paper in this journal, authors confirm that they have adhered to all ethical academic international commitments and standards of peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Authors must respect the journal standards and policies as well as the format; they have to read the section of “Guide for Authors” carefully to avoid any mistake.
- Although the journal is single-blind and reviewers and editors may recognize authors’ information, the reviewers shall not contact authors directly or authors shall not search about reviewers’ identity.
- Authors have the right to share their articles in every database and use it as a reference provided that they mention the original source or reveal the whole manuscript in PDF format with the originally published journal layout.
- Authors must determine their affiliations clearly and the journal is not responsible for any errors in authors’ information especially after publication.
- The authors may check the whole manuscript after proofreading and layout before publication.
- If editors or reviewers suggest any changes or revision in the title or main body of manuscript(s) during the peer-reviewing or proofreading process, the authors may accept or decline the changes.
- All authors must sign the copyright letter.
- If the authors used some funding or have any financial and non-financial sponsorship, authors must disclose them in the article.
- Authors’ information or articles content will not be changed after publication.
- The authors must provide the journal with adequate feedback to revision and proofreading within the due time. The journal is not responsible for long peer-reviewing processes in case authors ignore the deadlines.
- All information and research papers submitted in GCR might be observed by editorial board members.
- Editors might maintain the confidentiality of the research papers.
- Editor in Chief(s) has the authority to make the final decision for acceptance or rejection of papers.
Note: GCR Journal shall NOT publish more than two papers submitted by its editors in a year. If one of the editors such as editor in chief, managing editor tends to submit a paper in the GCR journal, his/ her paper will be managed or peer-reviewed without the authors’ interference and unbiasedly by reviewers assigned by other editors.
- Reviewers shall maintain the confidentiality of the research papers, they have no right to share and publish the contents of manuscripts.
- Reviewers must report any unethical cases in manuscripts including double submission, duplication, or plagiarism to editors.
- If the manuscript is against the reviewers’ interest, they are morally obliged to decline the peer-reviewing process.
- Reviewers must send their comments during the deadlines after accepting editors’ invitation; if they are not able to meet the deadlines due to any reasons, they shall contact editors as soon as possible.
- Reviewers are expected to review the papers unbiasedly and respect the journal policies.
- Reviewers shall NOT contact the authors directly about the manuscripts under the peer-review process.
- The publisher is committed to keeping all content and history of manuscripts confidential.
- The publisher is obliged to answers users’ queries regarding the technical problems of the site.
- The publisher shall back up and store the data archive of all manuscripts.
- The publisher must publish articles after proofreading and authors’ approval.
- The publisher must provide articles with appropriate proofreading and layout.
- The publisher shall solve any possible technical and non-technical problems regarding the journal management systems
- The publisher will manage any problematic issues and misconduct on the basis of ethical rules issued by COPE and the publisher
- The publisher will observe the journals’ activities and feedback to assure adherence to ethical rules
- Any person or third party can contact the journal’s mail in the ‘’Contact Section’’ or the mail of Research@khuisf.ac.ir (publisher’s research center) regarding any report or allegation of misconduct or incorrect actions by journals
- Editors and employees of the publisher can publish their own papers providing that a third editor from another university or institute has provided unbiased peer review
- The journal is open access, so every reader may access articles immediately after publishing and without any charge.
- Readers who use GCR articles in their research papers must follow CC BY attribution and they shall refer to the main source (journal).